Lately I’ve been really intrigued by healthy green juices and juice cleanses. No, I’ve never done a juice cleanse and don’t plan to ever to go on a crazy juice only diet (I’d go psycho), but there are some great health benefits to adding a green juice to your diet!
I’ve been lightweight obsessed with Suja Organic Juices at Whole Foods ever since I had a sample and I usually buy a new juice to try whenever I visit the store. But it’s a lot more convenient to make juice at home instead of making a run to the store to buy $8 juice. One of my favorite juices I tried was “Green Supreme” which had green apples, kale, and a little lemon. It gave me a lot of energy and I felt full for a while after drinking it!
Since I enjoyed it so much, I’ve made my own Suja-inspired juice using apple, kale and lemon!
Apple + Kale Green Juice Recipe
Makes 2 servings (4 cups)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 green apple
- 1/2 a bunch of kale
- 1/2 lemon
- Chop up the apple into small pieces. They don’t have to be too small, but small enough for the food processor.
- Pluck leaves from the kale stems to add to your smoothie. Feel free to add some stems if you’d like but break them up into 2-3 inch pieces so it’s easier on your food processor.
- Start blending the apple in the food processor first. Once the pieces are relatively chopped up, add the kale and process further.
- Once you have gotten a chunky pulp material, add the juice of half a lemon. Then add 1 cup of water and blend.
- You should start to see a more juice-like consistency especially now that the water is helping to process the juice. When it’s well blended, add the other cup of water and blend.
That’s it! This makes 2 2-cup servings of green juice!