There’s nothing like drinking a warm and cozy cup of hot cocoa while wrapped up in a warm blanket, comfortable clothes, and reading a book or watching a movie. Few things rival that feeling of comfort.
It’s something I imagine myself doing when I actually have a moment to relax, but it’s for whatever reason, I instead find myself with my laptop hanging off my bed while I binge watch Netflix in vegetable mode. Basically, I get really lazy to do it. It’s a lot of effort for a lazy girl like me.
But what if I could tell you there’s something you could do to sweeten the deal? One that inspires inspires the lazy girls to roll out of bed and actually make that hot cocoa?
Yeah, there is. You need to spike your drink with the one and only Bailey’s. It’s the perfect addition to hot cocoa. Plus it’s tasty and it’s fun to drink over the holidays or when hanging out with friends and family.
No, this idea isn’t novel or revolutionary or anything like that, but hey, this hot chocolate tastes great so I’m going to share my way of making this drink with you all.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup shaved chocolate. You can also use semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips, or even hot cocoa powder. Whatever floats your boat.
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 shots of Bailey's for each serving (adjust to your liking)
- In a medium saucepan, mix together water and the shaved chocolate on low heat. The chocolate should dissolve into the water.
- Add in half and half and gently whisk into the hot chocolate. Keep on low heat and stir for a minute. Remove from flame.
- In mugs, add in shots of Bailey's--however many you would like to add to your drink.
- Then, pour in your hot chocolate. Top with more chocolate, marshmallows, or whipped cream.
You can use powdered hot chocolate for this if you would like. The recipe above yields one large mug of hot chocolate. Adjust recipe based on the number of servings you would like. Also, this recipe can be made in a slow cooker for large groups and parties.