I think I have a new obsession with popsicles. I recently got my hands on a popsicle mold and now I can’t stop thinking of the endless popsicle possibilities. Can’t. Stop. I’ve been perusing through Pinterest staring at all type of pops and creamsicles. And, they’re something even I, the laziest cook, could put together with minimal effort and high return.
So I swung my refrigerator door open and thought, “hmm, what’s already in here that would make for a delicious popsicle?” After pushing aside some leftovers, I found the perfect ingredients: Blackberries + Yogurt.
The tart combination of the sour blackberries and cream line yogurt make for quite the refreshing afternoon pick-me-up!
- 1/2 cup fresh cut blackberries (I’m sure frozen will do too)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Popsicle mold
- Popsicle sticks
1. Take your fresh blackberries and cut them in to smaller chunks. I cut my berries across, making the cut pieces look like little stars.
2. Mix your yogurt and maple syrup together to gently blend it all together.
3. Add the blackberries to the yogurt and mix well.
4. Pour the mixture into your popsicle mold.
5. Wait 4-6 hours for the popsicles to freeze. I waited 24 hours just to be safe because I couldn’t help but check on them every 15 minutes.
and…BOOM! Popsicles! On my mold, this only made 2 full popsicles. I saved the leftovers (essentially blackberry yogurt) to eat as a snack.Yum