Chocolate Chip cookies are a classic for a reason. So are Oreo cookies. They’re both REALLY good. But what if you combined these amazing cookies? What if you could have the best of both worlds in one super cookie?
BOOM. You can. These cookies literally have cookies in them. Take a bite and you’ll be in heaven.
These chewy chocolate chunk cookies (I used chunks instead of chocolate chips just as a personal preference) feature little crumbles of Oreo cookies (as you can probably tell by the photos). They just melt in your mouth. The Oreos add an extra, gentle sweetness and texture to these soft, chewy cookies.
It’s so fun to take a break in the middle of the day and reach for these cookies. I love to slowly break them apart and eat them in bite-size pieces. And in my opinion, they’re somehow even better when they’re just ever-so-slightly warmer than room temperature.
If your sweet tooth is anything like mine, by now you’re probably wondering how you’re going to make these.
Easy. This recipe is easy. In fact, the hardest part is waiting for the dough in the refrigerator. How are you supposed to focus on anything else when delicious cookie dough is waiting for you in the fridge? Grab your stand mixer (you can use a hand mixer, too. You won’t be hunched over the mixing bowl for hours), and get ready to make these supercookies. I think I just made that word up, and I’m going with it.
Note: Resist temptation to eat cookie dough before making cookies. It’s really hard, that’s why I’m making a note. This recipe was adapted from Joy The Baker, and she also left a note about the cookie dough.
Also remember that you shouldn’t eat raw cookie dough. Food safety, guys. (But I know most of you are rebels.)
Okay, okay. Here’s the recipe:
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped Oreo cookies (use the whole package ;))
- 3.5 oz dark chocolate, coarsely chopped.
- In a stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and butter with the paddle attachment. Make sure there aren't any lumps.
- On low-medium speed, add in the brown sugar, egg. Let this mix for about 3 minutes. Then, beat in the vanilla extract.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture (dry ingredients) to the wet ingredients and mix.
- In a food processor, chop the Oreos if you haven't already.
- Fold in the Oreo cookies and chocolate chunks into the dough until evenly distributed.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degreers F.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, roll 1-inch balls of dough and place about 1- 1-1/2 inches apart. Bake for 12 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack to cool to room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container.
Adapted From Joy The Baker. Makes about 24 cookies.
Let me know how you like them! Did your life change after having a supercookie? Do you feel like a completely new person? Did your mood go up by three points on a ten point scale after taking a single bite? You’re welcome ;) Enjoy!Yum