So I got my hands on the Huckleberry cookbook.
Huckleberry is this fantastic bakery and cafe located in Santa Monica, CA. I had the pleasure of going to Huckleberry for breakfast during my last weekend getaway to LA back in July. While the long line we stood in was telling, it wasn’t until I tasted the food for myself that I knew how special Huckleberry really was.
Fast forward a couple of months and I found out that Huckleberry now has a cookbook! Many famous bakeries and cafes have cookbooks, but none that I have seen are like Huckleberry’s. Other bakeries tend to only focus on baked goods only in their cookbooks, but in Huckleberry’s case, they have published more than just cake, scone, and biscuit recipes.
You will find a wealth of recipes from doughnuts, muffins, and pancakes, to galettes, hearty plates with eggs on top, and coffee drinks. Instead of cracking open the recipe book only when you are in that mood to bake, you just might find yourself referring to it for quick dinner ideas, decadent appetizer recipes, and more!
I’ve been cooking recipes from this book left and right, but I just had to share with you this Chocolate Chunk Muffin recipe. Trust me–it’s the good stuff.
Recipe + Giveaway information after the jump!
Slightly adapted from Chocolate Chunk Muffins in Huckleberry cookbook.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal/flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 200g 60-70% cacao chocolate, chopped.
- If you only have almond meal on hand, sift the meal until you have a 1/4 cup of fine almond meal. This will work well for the recipe.
- 1/4" chunks of chocolate will melt well yet keep their shape in the muffin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cupcake/muffin tin with paper liners.
- Using a mixer, mix the butter, sugar, and salt together until the butter is light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, and mix until fully incorporated.
- Then add in the all-purpose flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, plain yogurt, vanilla extract, and dark chocolate. Mix until just incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into the paper liners. Fill each cup to almost the top.
- Bake for 22 minutes.
Since I’m such a big fan of the Huckleberry cookbook, I wanted to give away one copy of the cookbook to one of my readers!
To enter this giveaway, you must do the following:
- Follow @thesassylife_ on instagram
- “Like” the giveaway post
- Screenshot/share/regram the photo with this caption “I just followed @thesassylife_ and entered to win a Huckleberry cookbook! #TSLxGiveaway #giveaway”
Each photo you post will be counted as one entry. You can enter the contest only once a day. Multiple entries within a day will only be counted as one entry for that particular day.
- Disclosure: this giveaway is sponsored by thesassylife and not in any way affiliated with Huckleberry, Chronicle Books, or another company.
- 1 winners will be selected at random.
- US Residents only.
- The contest ends at 11:59PM on November 14, 2014.
- In order to successfully enter, you must have completed steps 1-3.
- Winners will be notified by direct message on Instagram.
- You can enter the contest once a day. Multiple entries within a day will only be counted as one.
- You can only enter with one Instagram account. Those who have entered with multiple accounts will be disqualified.
- Must respond within 48 hours of direct message in order to claim prize.
- thesassylife reserves the right to update, edit, and change Terms & Conditions at any time.
Any questions, comments, or concerns can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure: This giveaway is NOT SPONSORED by Huckleberry.