Okay, so do I really need to explain why Chocolate Covered Bacon is awesome? I hope not, but I’ll do it anyway. Because the crunchy, fatty, salty bacon meshes so well with sweet milk chocolate.
Sweet + Salty + Crunchy = Heaven on Earth.
Making chocolate-covered bacon at home is easy but it’s pretty messy. And who cares about the mess to clean up when you’ve got chocolate-covered bacon to snack on.
I love hearing those words strung together: Chocolate. Covered. Bacon.
Chocolate Covered Bacon Recipe:
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- Sea salt
- Cook the bacon according to the directions on the package. I found throwing the bacon in the oven to be the easiest way to cook it so that’s what I did. I used 5 strips of bacon and laid them on a shallow pan.
- Once the bacon is cooked, pat dry with paper towels. Be careful to not snap the crispy ends of the bacon!
- Set up an area for you to lay out the bacon and drizzle with chocolate. I used a cooling rack with wax paper on top. Why? Mainly because I ran out of other containers and was in a hurry to get chocolate on the bacon.
- Heat up the chocolate chips in a bowl that’s deep enough to hold the chocolate/stir the melted chocolate/dip the bacon in the microwave. Be careful to not burn/dry out the chocolate! Believe me, you’re better off turning the microwave off sooner than you think.
- Using a fork, drizzle chocolate onto the bacon for a light chocolatey taste. Or, dip the bacon into the melted chocolate, shake off any excess, and lay on the wax paper. During this step, add a little sea salt for extra texture and flavor.
- Place the bacon in the fridge so the chocolate hardens. Once the chocolate is hardened, serve and enjoy!