Unless you’re new around these parts, you know that I’m a fan of Nutella. Huge fan. Actually, you probably are new around these parts so hello and welcome! What you probably don’t know is how much I love truffles. Ganache makes my heart sing.
So by combining two of my favorite things, Nutella and truffles, I’ve now got the ultimate treat.
Chocolate Nutella Truffles
Makes about 12-15 truffles
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (about half the bag)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Unsweetened Dutch Cocoa Powder
1. First, you will need to make the ganache. Over a double boiler, melt all the chocolate chips. Then slowly add in the Nutella, heavy cream, and butter. Stir until well-mixed. Congrats, you have now made the ganache.
2. In a shallow glass container, pour in the ganache. Refrigerate until solid. I found I got the best results when I waited overnight to start forming the truffles.
3. Pour some cocoa powder into a ramekin. Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, chisel out chunks of ganache from the container.
4. Throw a chunk of ganache into the ramekin and cover with cocoa powder. Then roll into a ball using your hands. Don’t keep the ganache between your hands for too long or else it’ll warm up and you’ll have a mess on your hands.
5. Once you are happy with the shape of your truffle, toss it back into the ramekin and shake the ramekin to fully coat the truffle. I would shake the ramekin a quickly in a circular motion for 10 seconds at most to fully coat.
6. Set a side on a tray and put back in the refrigerator. Keep in refrigerator and thaw to room temp when ready to serve!Yum