Told you I’m obsessed with making popsicles! As a self-proclaimed coffee lover, I wanted to replicate one of my favorite frozen treats from Trader Joe’s, Cafe Latte bars with the coffee I had on hand. At my house, we often drink instant coffee, so these babies were whipped up using some good ol’ Taster’s Choice Original. They still taste REALLY good. Honestly, if you’re going to take the instant coffee route, get Taster’s Choice.
This recipe for coffee popsicles is really easy! You pretty much throw everything into a bowl and mix, but I’ve listed more thorough instructions below.
Here’s what I used to make them:
- 1 cup black coffee, chilled
- 1 cup 2% percent milk (use whatever type of milk or milk substitute your heart desires. mine desires that 2%).
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Note about the ingredients: I found that even 1/3 a cup of powdered sugar was very sweet, in my opinion. Sugar in this recipe is optional. Or you can add more, your choice.
1. First and foremost, prepare your black coffee however you like, and chill in the refrigerator until at least room temperature.
2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl well. You’ll have to wait for the powdered sugar to mix completely.
3. Pour it into your mold! Mine filled 8 spaces.
That’s it! Super easy!The hard part is just waiting for the popsicles to freeze!
If you’re a fan of popsicles like I am, check out the Blackberry + Yogurt Popsicles too!