In honor of the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C’s release today, I wanted to share a very easy way to dress up your phone for any occasion! Cases can be pricy and while they truly function to protect your precious mini-computer, they’re also a special way to express yourself and show everyone your taste!
Instead of breaking the bank on cases to match your every outfit or mood, you can save a ton of money and have a one-of-a-kind custom case by making your own inserts! They’re EASY to make and if done right, can be WAY cheaper than buying any other cases.
Custom iPhone Cases:
- Clear iPhone case (I purchased mine from Amazon)
- Pretty paper (mine is from Paper Source)
- Optional: a push pin or tack.
1. Turn your pretty paper pretty side down. Grab your iPhone, WITHOUT it’s case, and trace around it on the paper, with your pencil.
DON’T make the mistake of tracing around the case! Your inserts will be far too big and you’ll be frustrated trying to get the right size.
2. Now grab the case and place it over the traced spot on the paper. Trace the camera hole.
3. Using your scissors, carefully cut out the insert.
4. Using your push pin, poke through the camera hole area a couple of times around the border, then use the scissors to cut the hole and create smooth edge.
5. Test the insert by placing it in your case with your phone. Sometime the insert might look too large but fits just right with the phone in place. Otherwise, feel free to trim down the edges to fit.
That’s all you need to do to create a custom case for your iPhone! This technique can be adapted for all phones with a hard, clear case. Hope you enjoyed this quick way to dress up your phone! I love it especially for displaying my favorite stationary or print that doesn’t come in a phone case.