Figs are in season! These fresh fig tarts are WAY easier to make than they look! With only a few ingredients, you’ll have beautiful, mouthwatering tarts that look like they came from a local bakery.
If you’re short on time and looking to impress a small crowd with a sweet appetizer or fruity dessert, this has to be at the top of your list. It takes only about 30 minutes to make three. I mean it–from start to finish! And, you probably have most of the ingredients on hand.
Your friends probably won’t believe you when you say you baked these at home…especially because the flavor is amazing! The goat cheese and brown sugar complement the gently sweet flavor of the fresh figs.
These tarts make great appetizers and desserts, but you can also eat them as breakfast pastries. Make these on a Sunday and have breakfast or coffee break pastries for the week.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 6 fresh figs, sliced 1/4" thick
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp brown sugar, to sprinkle
- Optional: honey, to drizzle over tarts
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the puff pastry into thirds, and arrange on the baking sheet
- Sprinkle the goat cheese on each tart, concentrating on the middles of each piece.
- Arrange the sliced figs on each tart.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with honey. Serve immediately & enjoy!