Do you ever get in the mood sometimes to eat something just totally terrible for you? Like, you 100% know it’s not something you should be eating at all, but you just have to have it? Of course you do, you’re only human.
Unless you’re a robot…my mistake, I shouldn’t assume these things.
Anyway, I was recently in the mood to indulge in carbs and bad fats in a classy manner. I wanted to eat something with texture + packed with amazing flavor and in a way that would be easy for me to eat while binge-watching something on Netflix. So I purchased some just-baked sourdough bread from Trader Joe’s and used fresh herbs to make this Garlic & Cheese Pull-Apart bread.
Now, I’ve tested two versions of this pull-apart bread (my excuse for eating two loaves of cheesy bread with very little help was that I needed to taste test), and the recipe I’m sharing is far superior to the other version. The main difference? Use fresh ingredients! Don’t reach for the dry spices on this one…or else you’ll really miss out on the flavor.
This recipe is easy enough to make as a snack or appetizer and the size is good enough for 2 people to have a hearty helping of carbs and fat. But if you eat it all on your own, I won’t judge ;)
- 1 small-medium loaf sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted (1/2 stick)
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Use a bread knife to cut diagonal pieces in the loaf of bread. Don't cut all the way through, that way the herbs, butter, and cheese stay put.
- Mix the melted butter with the garlic, salt, parsley, and rosemary.
- Set the bread on another sheet of aluminum foil big enough to wrap the whole loaf. Pour the melted butter over the bread and make sure to get the butter in the openings.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on the bread and in between the openings as well. Then, wrap up the bread in the aluminum foil.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then remove aluminum foil and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Serve immediately.