It’s hard to believe it’s already fall, isn’t it? The leaves are turning orange, yellow, and brown. The air is crisper and cooler. Pumpkin spice lattes are in everyone’s hands. It’s a welcome change, especially after a busy and fun summer! Between vacations, parties, and family events, it’s time for a little break.
I don’t know about you, but there’s nothing I love more than coming home after a long day at the office and just unwinding. Putting the day behind me. Doing something that relaxes me, but better yet–feeds my soul. It leaves me feeling centered and mentally prepared for the next day.
The thing about unwinding after a long day? It sounds like it’s easy peasy. But it’s actually a lot harder to do than it looks. It actually takes a little planning ahead, but let me assure you that it’s totally worth it. I’ll share with you what I like to do to unwind, and what you should take into consideration when you step back from the madness and have a little “me time,” too.
How to Unwind After A Long Day:
1. Find a cozy spot. A comfy chair, sofa, or bed should do the trick.
2. Set the scene. Clear the area of clutter (if possible). Turn down the lights. Light a candle.
3. Grab a drink. Your favorite tea. Your favorite wine. Your favorite green juice. Even water! Sitting down with something to drink makes “me time” so much more enjoyable. I love that feeling of hot tea warming up my body, keeping me cozy.
4. Play some music. Soft music, loud music, dance music–it’s your call! I prefer soft music, or no music at all because I’m surrounded by loud (and fun!) people all day long.
5. Do something! This is the time of day I choose to do something for myself that either I’ve been itching to do all day long (when I’m reading a really good book) or something that I really just can’t do, or do well, during the day. This is when I do something that I can only do alone, or with little disturbances.
Most of the time, I pick up a book or a couple of magazines and just read away! I just picked up Sunset® and Real Simple® magazine recently at Safeway and found both issues to be really enjoyable and have lots of cool features.
The cool thing about reading magazines like Sunset® and Real Simple® is that you’re filled with new ideas and tips. Real Simple® has inspired me to declutter my living space, while Sunset® has inspired me to make a list of places to explore in the Bay Area and beyond. Even though I live in the Bay Area, there are so many new places to see that I had no clue about, which Sunset® introduced me to.
Since these magazines give me so many ideas and new things to try, I keep a notebook with me and write things down! I write down the products I want to try, the places I want to see, etc. and keep everything in one place. Yes, it’s a little…scholarly but hey, that’s what I like to do!
You should check out these magazines, too! Take advantage of $1.00 off participating titles (PEOPLE®, InStyle®, People StyleWatch®, Real Simple®, and Sunset®) with this digital offer until 10/18/15 while supplies last.
Now…want to know how I unwind after a long day?
Here’s how I love to relax! I grab a cup of my favorite hot tea in a HUGE mug. Usually one adorned with a large ‘S’. And set it on an agate coaster on my nightstand. I light a candle or two and only turn on a reading lamp. Then I get into my pajamas, jump into bed, and dive into reading! Magazines or novels, there’s nothing quite like reading for me. It’s my favorite way to unwind these days.
Having some “me time” is so important, especially after a long summer! Plus, with the holidays coming up, it’s really the only chance to find some peace before the chaos (and fun) begins.
How do you like to relax? How do you do “me time?”
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Real Simple® and Sunset® Magazines but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #BacktoMeTime http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV