It’s about time I gave you all an update on my life! The last couple of weeks of September have been CRAZY for me, but it was the last week of the month I was calling The Big Week, where I had events lined up to attend 5 days in a row. I was so amped for The Big Week. I was looking forward to it all month. And then all of a sudden, the day before, I started coming down with a cold.
I was devastated that I had to miss my first fun event (why oh why did I have to get sick now wahhhh), but thanks to my somewhat stubborn personality, everything worked out just fine.
- I saw Blink-182 in concert at the Shoreline Amphitheatre. It was cold and my feet were cramping up from standing, but I saw Blink-182 in concert. Actually, “saw” is questionable because we were so far back on the lawn, but the experience was really fun anyway! Aside from wanting to blow my nose out all night, I was happy I was able to make the show. All Time Low and A Day to Remember opened for them, but most of the audience was there to see Blink and get trashed.
- I went to the Power Your Happy launch in San Francisco, hosted by POPSUGAR. We were greeted with cocktails that had edible flowers floating around in them and cotton candy. Then, we were ushered into a large room with a stage and Lisa gave us a short talk about Power Your Happy. After she spoke, there was a panel of women entrepreneurs and managers (AKA girlbosses) who were interviewed with really good questions. I left the room feeling so inspired and in awe of what those women had accomplished. Once the panel ended, hor d’oeuvres were served along with champagne and wine. All the attendees received a POPSUGAR mini Must-Have box and a signed copy of Lisa Sugar’s book! If you’re interested in the book, check out my review on it here.
- I attended the Re:Make Conference in San Francisco at Fort Mason and WOW it was even better than I expected! I could write a whole post on it, but to summarize, we heard some great talks from Brit Morin, Tyra Banks, Brené Brown, Sophia Amoruso, Katia Beauchamp…the list goes on, we did some fun crafts, we went to breakout sessions, we ate, we drank, omg it was awesome. I think I’m still on a high from it.
— thesassylife (@thesassylife_) September 30, 2016
A photo posted by thesassylife (@thesassylife_) on
- I went to Hardly Strictly Bluegrass in San Francisco, a free music festival held in Golden Gate Park featuring bluegrass music on 5-6 different stages. I was in shock at how well the event was put together given it was free to the public. The crowds were filled with families, real hippies, peeing babies, running babies, and DOGS. So many dogs. The people watching in between sets was awesome. We didn’t stay for long as we had other things to do that day, but the festival was definitely a fun time.
- I am currently listening to Shrill by Lindy West on Audible. I started this morning and wow, it’s been awesome so far! I think you’ll have a great experience with her book whether you read it or listen, but I do recommend listening because Lindy West is narrating the audiobook!
- Who else is excited that The Girl on the Train is coming out on Friday?! I’m not sure I’ll see it as soon as it comes out, but a trip to the movie theater will be made for this one for sure.
That’s pretty much it for me! I still can’t believe the week I had! I need to get some rest this week. I’ll need plenty of tea and soup!