I can’t believe it’s already the 8th of September. It feels like September just started yesterday.
Here are some of the new things and some updates on what’s going on with me!
- I just started watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix! I wish I could say it was in preparation for the Netflix revival I know so many of you are waiting for, but the truth is, I never got into this show when it was on the air. As a teenager, the show was too slow-paced for the girl who liked 15-minute cartoons and reality shows on MTV. Now, I’m able to appreciate the show. I only have a billion episodes to get through before the premiere, which happens on November 25th. Oh yeah–if you’re out of the loop on the Gilmore Girls thing and want a quick breakdown, this article on Vox does a good job of giving you the basics.
- I recently finished reading this book All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood. It is one of the few books I rated as ‘5-star’ on Goodreads, and other readers seem to agree since it’s rating is sitting at a hot 4.3/5. It’s a strange love story about a girl born to two meth addicts. Her father runs a large meth lab while her mother is basically on meth 24/7. If you’re looking for a more unique story to read, this is a good selection.
- Finally trying out the Bamboo Charcoal Soap by Herbivore! I’ve heard great things about their products, and I’m a fan of beauty products that use charcoal. I only received it yesterday, so I’ll let you all know how it turns out at the later date.
- I’m still bullet journaling! I’m still finding it awesome. If you’re interested in learning more, check out my post!
- I just did a hand embroidery project over the long weekend. Yeah, what grandmas like to do while sitting on their rocking chairs, in between baking cookies and stepping out at 4:00pm for an early bird dinner. And it was really fun! And it’s actually pretty easy! I’m planning to write a post on it in the near future!
That’s pretty much it! Just a quick post from me!
I’m thinking about making this a regular series where I update you all every 1-2 weeks on more personal things so that you guys get to know me! If you have any feedback on these posts, I’d love to hear about them in the comments.
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links.