I’ve been trying to eat a little healthier lately since summer is coming soon and because I want to be in better shape. But how am I supposed to get healthier if I can’t shake my cravings for sweets?
It’s not easy for me. So instead of telling myself that I can’t have ANY sweets (that whole approach doesn’t work for me although I know it works for others), I have decided to make my own “junk food” but in a miniature size. That way, there’s less of an impact on my diet and but still a ton of flavor.
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Makes around 48-60 mini cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking power -or- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. In a small to medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and baking powder or baking soda. I used baking powder since I didn’t have baking soda on hand.
2. Next, in a medium to large-sized mixing bowl (or in a stand mixer), mix together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Once it has been mixed in pretty well (no chunks of butter if possible), add in the egg and vanilla and continue mixing. You should now have cookie dough with an irresistible aroma. Hold yourself back from eating the cookie dough because it is VERY tempting.
3. Mix in the chocolate chips with a spatula. If you have large chocolate chips, it may be good to cut the chocolate chips into smaller chunks. That way, the chocolate is more uniformly distributed throughout the cookies.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Now it’s time to form the cookies. Take a very small chunk of cookie dough and roll into a ball that’s no bigger than 1 inch. Keep doing until you fill up your cookie sheet. Make sure your cookies are about a 1/2 inch apart at the very least. You will probably have extra dough left over and will need to bake 1-2 more times afterwards to finish up the dough in one baking.
6. Bake cookies for about 5 minutes. Because these cookies bake very quickly, it’s better to remove them while they’re slightly underdone if you can. 5 minutes was the perfect time for my cookies.
7. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.Yum