One of the best parts of this season happens to be all the good sweet treats we get to eat! Of course in the summer, we gravitate towards cold, refreshing desserts such as ice cream. But as the air becomes crisp, hot and satisfying desserts like brownies become more delectable than ever. I love brownies when they are done RIGHT (moist, flavorful, and rich). So I wanted to do a twist on brownies by adding Nutella into the mix. Here’s my take on Nutella Brownies.
Nutella Brownies, slightly adapted from Karly’s recipe at Buns In My Oven
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking power
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package of Ghirardelli (or really any brand) Milk Chocolate Chips (My bag was 11 ounces)
- 9×13 baking dish
- Small saucepan
- Stand mixer -or- large mixing bowl and hand mixer
- Take your small saucepan and melt the 2 sticks of butter over low heat. Then, stir in the sugar. Keep mixing and stirring. You will see it turn into a sugar syrup type mixture. Do not let this boil. I did this for about 3 minutes
- Next, mix in the Nutella. It may take a few moments to ensure it’s well combined.
- Mixing bowl time! Pour this stovetop concoction into your mixing bowl. Toss in the cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Now is a good time to preheat your oven to 350. Also, butter your baking dish.
- Mixed well? Good. Add in the flour and dump all the chocolate chips from your bag and use a spatula to stir into the brownie batter.
- Pour everything into the baking dish. Put in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. I say 25 minutes because the brownies will continue to a cook a little more once you remove them from the oven.
Wait for the brownies to cool, then cut and serve! These brownies are so rich. You can turn brownie skeptics around with these babies. I could not stop eating them!
Hope you enjoy eating them as much as I did. My recommendation? Serve them warm with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on top! Great, now I’m drooling…