After my Nutella Brownies were such a success (and a big hit!), I wanted to experiment with baking other items with Nutella. After sifting though a few recipes online, I settled on trying out the “Easiest Fudgy Nutella Cookies” over at Kirbie’s Cravings.
These cookies only require 4 ingredients and take almost no time to make!
Nutella Cookies (slightly adapted from Kirbie’s Cravings)
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (I’d recommend using 1 full cup, and I’ll explain below!)
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1 large egg
- Mix together all the ingredients. Since Nutella is thick and hard to stir, I first started by mixing the egg with a little bit of Nutella. Once it was mixed well, I’d continue to add more Nutella. Then I added the flour.
- Chop up your dark chocolate! Or, like in the original recipe, use some chocolate chips. Mix them into the dough.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Time to place the dough on the cookie sheet! This part gets a little messy, so roll up your sleeves if you haven’t already. Roll bits of dough into balls and slightly flatten. If you feel like your dough is far too oily or greasy, STOP. Add a little more flour to the dough. They should be about 1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Space them about 1 1/12 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Place them in the oven. After seeing how much oil was seeping out, I realized I didn’t need to even grease the pan. Make sure you place them in the oven carefully! I was a little careless when I placed them in my oven and all the cookie dough slid to one corner. After a little freak out, I was able resurrect the cookies.
- Pull them out of the oven and place on a wire cooling rack. Then enjoy!
Hope you all enjoy these easy-to-make Nutella Cookies! And thanks to Kirbie’s Cravings for the original recipe. These cookies are sure to be another hit with family and friends.