Friends, this is the easiest fancy drink a lazy girl can make. I mean it. Except for making sure you have both prosecco and ice cream on hand, you don’t need any fancy bar materials like shakers…or ice.
A twist on a root beer float, this drink just asks that you swap out that sweet root beer with your favorite prosecco.
Serve this up at your next party, barbecue, picnic, girl’s night, or just make it for yourself at home because you really don’t need an occasion to enjoy a drink like this.
I’m using Cupcake Vineyards Prosecco and Breyer’s Homemade Vanilla ice cream, and the two made a very tasty duo. I’m a fan.
The strawberries serve as a garnish here but seriously, the tart + sweet combo from strawberries with a prosecco float is SO GOOD. Like, you should slice up a bunch of strawberries and toss them into the floats.
As you can see, if you don’t pour carefully, you’ll end up with a lot of foam/head. Because it’s combined with ice cream, it doesn’t go away as quickly or as cleanly as prosecco on its own. Soooo pour carefully :)
Here you can see the consistency of the float. There’s still some ice cream that hasn’t been mixed into the rest of the drink yet, but all the ice cream has the flavor of the prosecco at this point.
- 5 oz. Prosecco/Champagne/Sparkling Wine of your choice
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
- Strawberries for garnish
- In a clean wine glass, scoop half a cup of vanilla ice cream and drop into the glass.
- Carefully pour the prosecco into the glass over the ice cream. Pour gently and along the inside of the glass to make sure it doesn't get too bubbly.
- Cut a strawberry and add to the rim as garnish (optional)