Countdown to Daylight Savings Time: 23 days
Countdown to St. Patrick’s Day: 32 days
Countdown to the First Official Day of Spring: 35 days
Before we know it, we’ll be trading in tall boots and down parkas for sandals and floral dresses. And of course, we’ll be swapping out dark, rich, metallic nail polishes for pastel, Easter-appropriate colors…or will we?
Get ready for a shocker everyone, Spring 2014 Nail Trends are a little different than what we’ve seen these past few Spring seasons.
Nail art was on the decline these days, but who can blame us? Do we really have hours to spend doing elaborate nail art on our nails only to watch our hard work chip away in a few days? No! But stripes, that’s doable. Easily use a striper to paint stripes in whatever direction you please on your nails. Or if we’re totally unalike, gracefully use a regular nail polish brush to swipe straight line across your nails. Seriously, I’m jelly of your skills.
Don’t put your metallic shades away just yet. They’re still popular this season. Reach for the neutral toned metallic shades, like copper, peach, and light pink.
Don’t cover up your nails. A little shine will help your nails’ natural beauty catch the light…and attention. Add a subtle pink hue and high shine to your nails to look polished. Get it? Polished?
The Half-Moon Mani
Remember those half-moons people would paint at the base of their nails? They’re back! This time around, it seems like any color combo goes. Contrast netural colors like shown above, or wear half-moons alone and finish with a top coat. Use a reinforcement label to get a smooth line.
From stark, opaque white shades to subtle, sheer pink/white nails, there’s no doubt that white nails are big this season. Have lots of patience when painting your nails white. It’s one of the hardest colors to paint on your nails.
Strategically embellished nails are big on the runway. Small stones arranged beautifully on neutral polish looks amazing. Add some rhinestones to your mani or dab on some glitter.
Updated Pastel Shades
Popular pastel shades that make their way to store shelves this time of year are getting a makeover. Expect colors to be a few shades different than the usual carnation, periwinkle, and eggshell yellow shades. And definitely expect them to be a little more glittery and metallic instead of opaque.
So you can start off spring right, I’m giving away 4 Essie Resort Fling Mini Cube Sets!
Terms & Conditions:
- Disclosure: this giveaway is sponsored by thesassylife and not in any way affiliated with Essie, another nail polish brand, or another company.
- 4 winners will be selected at random.
- US Residents only.
- Giveaway starts at 12:00 AM EST on February 14, 2014 and ends at 11:59 AM EST on February 27, 2014
- In order to enter you must commented on this post per the Rafflecopter widget
- All entries must be verified through Rafflecopter for it to count.
- Winners will be notified by email
- Must use the same valid email address for both following and comments in order to count points.
- You can only enter with one email address/account. Those who have entered with multiple accounts will be disqualified.
- Must respond within 48 hours of email confirmation in order to claim prize.
- thesassylife reserves the right to update, edit, and change Terms & Conditions at any time.
Any questions, comments, or concerns can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links