As a sufferer of the “pony-tail crease” I was eager to try twistbands (which magically arrived in my Birchbox). While I thought these hair ties were great, they cost a lot! A pack of three can run up to $10 from beauty stores. I decided to make these at home, for much, much cheaper.
A quick How To:
- Foldover elastic (I purchased mine from here, since my local craft stores didn’t carry any foldover elastic)
- Scissors [The sharper, the better]
- Ruler [optional]
- Cut the elastic to your desired length. I chose 8 inches for my hair ties.
- Fold the elastic, with the “shiny” side facing out, and tie a knot.
- Tighten the knot by pulling and tugging on the elastic from the inside of the twistband, not the ends.
- Wear your new twistband hair ties!